Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Coming Out

The collective "they" say it's a lifelong process. I'm only just beginning to understand what this means. Everyday I think of another person, another two people, another group of people that I haven't told.

I have to keep reminding myself that this will all be worth it. When the tears come, I let them flow. But sometimes, I still find myself swallowing them, fighting them back. I try to be strong for the people who can't handle this. I still have so many fears, so many people that don't know, so many people that might hurt me when they find out.

I try to stand tall. I try to keep walking forward. But with each step comes so much pain that it nearly brings me to my knees. Going numb seems like a good option. Wake me up when all of this is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment